First, What is plexiglass? Plexiglass is a kind of tran […]
First, What is plexiglass?
Plexiglass is a kind of transparent polymer material. Its chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate. It is a polymer compound formed by the polymerization of methyl methacrylate. It is an important thermoplastic that was developed earlier. Plexiglass is divided into four types: colorless and transparent, colored and transparent, pearlescent, and embossed plexiglass. Plexiglass is commonly known as acrylic, Zhongxuan acrylic, and acrylic. Plexiglass has good transparency, chemical stability, mechanical properties and weather resistance, easy to dye, easy to process, and beautiful appearance. Plexiglass is also called gelatin glass, acrylic and so on. It has the advantages of high transparency, low price, easy machining, etc. It is a commonly used glass substitute material. Plexiglass is an important thermoplastic that has been developed earlier. It has transparency, stability and weather resistance, is easy to dye, easy to process, and has a beautiful appearance. It is widely used in the construction industry. Plexiglass is widely used, not only in commerce, light industry, construction, and chemical industry. Moreover, the production of plexiglass is very common in advertising decoration and sand table models, such as: signs, billboards, light box panels and Chinese and English letter panels. The selection of materials depends on the shape design, what kind of shape, what kind of plexiglass, color, and variety must be tested repeatedly to achieve the best results. With a good design and careful processing, it can become a beautiful handicraft.
Second, what are the characteristics of plexiglass?
1. High mechanical strength: The relative molecular weight of plexiglass is about 2 million. It is a long-chain polymer compound, and the molecular chain is very soft. Therefore, plexiglass has relatively high strength, tensile and impact resistance. 7-18 times higher than ordinary glass. There is a kind of organic glass that has been heated and stretched, in which the molecular chains are arranged in a very orderly manner, which significantly improves the toughness of the material. Use nails to drive into this plexiglass, even if the nail penetrates, there will be no cracks on the plexiglass. This kind of plexiglass will not break into pieces after being broken down. Therefore, the stretched plexiglass can be used as bulletproof glass.
2. High degree of transparency: Plexiglass is currently the best transparent polymer material with a light transmittance of 92%, which is higher than that of glass. The tube of the sun lamp called the artificial little sun is made of quartz, because quartz can completely transmit ultraviolet rays. Ordinary glass can only transmit 0.6% of ultraviolet rays, but organic glass can transmit 73%. It is divided into transparent, translucent, colorless, brittle, and fragile. It is used in decorations such as indoor doors and windows. It has the characteristics of translucent but opaque. It is usually used in indoor partitions or doors and windows between rooms.
3. Light weight: The density of plexiglass is 1.18g/cm3; the weight of the same size material is only half of ordinary glass, and 43% of metal aluminum (belonging to light metal).
4. Easy to process: Plexiglass can not only be cut by a lathe and drilled by a drill, but also can be bonded into various shapes with acetone, chloroform, etc., and can also be molded by blow molding, injection, extrusion and other plastic molding methods It can be processed into various products as large as aircraft canopy, as small as dentures and dental trays. It can be processed by laser cutting under the condition of good size measurement. It is simple and high in quality. This feature is not available in glass.
5. Beautiful and transparent: plexiglass has a mirror effect, exquisite craftsmanship, no wrinkles, no joints; visual effects of plexiglass: various colors and strong visual impact. The light transmittance can reach 96%, the light transmittance is **, and the light is relatively soft.
6. Rugged and durable: The impact resistance of plexiglass is more than 200 times that of ordinary glass products, and there is almost no risk of breaking. The product has a good protection for the built-in light source and prolongs the life of the light source product. It can be guaranteed for a long time without fading. The good quality board has a service life of 6-13 years. It will not have spontaneous combustion and is self-extinguishing. The light transmission is very good. It relatively reduces the light source, saves electricity and reduces the cost of use. Reasonable design and rainproof and moisture-proof, open structure, easy to clean and maintain. Acrylic can withstand various environments of high temperature and low temperature, and consumers do not have to worry about temperature during the production process.